Ms. Wieder, Associate Attorney, obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of California, San Diego, where she graduated in 1999 with a B.A. in Economics and a B.S. in Clinical Psychology, receiving Provost Honors 1997-99. Ms. Wieder obtained her J.D. from Loyola Law School in 2003, where she was named to the Dean’s List 2000-03.
Ms. Wieder served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Fumiko H. Wasserman at the Los Angeles Superior Court-East District. Ms. Wieder worked as a mediator providing conciliation, facilitation and mediation services for parties working to resolve their disputes at the Center for Conflict Resolution-Los Angeles. Additionally, Ms. Wieder volunteered at the Children’s Law Center as an attorney advocate representing dependents and minors in proceedings at the Los Angeles County Dependency Court.
Ms. Wieder is a member of the California bar and she has experience in a wide variety of litigation and transactional matters, including real estate, business, breach of contract, negligence, premises liability, wrongful death, environmental contamination, construction defect, and insurance coverage. More specifically, Ms. Wieder’s experience and recent work includes the following:
• Representation of developers, landowners, contractors, and sellers in lawsuits arising from breach of real estate purchase agreements and breach of express and implied warranties of merchantability and habitability relating to real estate transactions.
• Representation of developers, contractors, and manufacturers in actions relating to construction deficiencies and building violations;
• Representation of owners, landlords, management companies, contractors, and injured parties in premises liability, wrongful death, and negligence actions;
• Representation of companies, business owners, agents, and consumers in cases involving breach of contract, fraud, intentional interference with contract, rescission, reformation, breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, unjust enrichment and declaratory relief;
• Representation of owners in disputes of property rights, including quiet title, partition for sale of property, nuisance, and easement cases;
• Representation of manufacturers and suppliers in product liability, environmental and groundwater contamination lawsuits;
• Representation of tenants and landlords in commercial and residential unlawful detainer actions and disputes relating to tenant’s rights and landlord’s compliance with state and county laws; and
• Representation of named insureds and additional insureds in coverage disputes and bad faith insurance lawsuits.